Pull Apart Football Fries with Maple Garlic Glaze and Siracha Mayo
1 large yam
(If you want to be a real bronco fan, use a mix of blue potatoes and yams with the same preparation.)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 large clove garlic
A generous pinch of each:
Smoked paprika, salt, freshly ground pepper and turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Slice yam 10x long ways and 5 x cross ways without cutting through the bottom skin (see photo).
3. Slice garlic -- I used a carrot peeler.
4. Mix olive oil, maple syrup, garlic and spices.
5. Place potato in baking dish with a lip -- I used a bread pan, but if you make more than one, use something bigger.
6. Pour oil mixture over the top, making sure the garlic is equally distributed and the oil and spices coat each fry.
7. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar, sorghum or honey.
8. Place in oven and cook for 40-60 minutes, depending on how big your yam is. Once half way through cooking, spoon oil mixture over potato again.
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp Siracha sauce
Remove football pull apart fries from oven. Serve immediately. Serves 1 or 2.